Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bear Lake with the McPhersons

For this year's family vacation, Heather's family chose to rent a cabin right next to the very beautiful and very cold Bear Lake:


If you're going to go to Bear Lake, there are two things you must do. First, you need to visit one of the several ice cream shake joints (i.e. a raspberry shake at La Beau's) and, second, you need to see a show at the Pickleville Playhouse (www.picklevilleplayhouse.com). On this trip, we enjoyed a melodrama that was written by former Eclipse man, TJ Davis:


Here we are with TJ and his wife, Erin, after the show. For those of you who don't already know, Shayne will be performing with TJ in a production of "Forever Plaid" this fall. Should be fun! It opens Sept. 11 and goes through Oct. 4 in Logan. I imagine ticket information will be available on the website above in the next little while.


The trip gave Tober a chance to hang with his aunt Shauna:



And aunt Marci:



And grandma McPherson:



The ingenious use of the golf umbrella attached to the baby backpack was Heather's idea:



On this trip, Toby went on his first 4-wheeler ride:



And for his first "swim"--in a lake no less!



We kept him in the shallow part that was reasonably warm and he really seemed to enjoy himself:


And we thought he looked especially cute in his "baby speedo."

Here's Toby frolicking in the lake:





And here he is on his 4-wheeling adventure:

18 comments:

Jared said...

I don't think he's really on the back of the 4-wheeler. I think that's just a hat and some legs.

Mommydew said...

I love the speedo!

Kristin said...

Cool! Shayne, where are you performing? But you have to specify which shake place (La Beau's...am I spelling it right?) and what flavor- Raspberry!

Becca said...

Cute pics, guys! I don't know where that adorable boy gets the nerve to grow like that when I haven't even met him yet! :)

Erin Davis said...

That was so fun hanging out with you guys! Now we get to hang out even more! I can't wait, I am so glad that Shane is doing Plaid. It's going to be a blast! See you guys soon! :)

Alissa said...

That video of him kicking is so funny! That reminds me of when he was kicking up a storm in Madeline's chair and it was bobbing up and down like crazy! He is so fun!

Alissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

It was so fun seeing you guys! we miss you so much, looks like you had a fun family vacation!

Melinda said...

Heather and Shayne! It's Melinda Tait (Dickson), not your sister Melinda. I love seeing pics of little Tobie- he's so handsome. Maybe even one of these days I'll see him in real life!

Emily said...

Okay, your little boy is so absolutley ADORABLE! So cute! I loved holding him in relief society last week! He's so precious! Oh. :) And I tagged you on my blog.. SO if you would, go on there and check out the directions.. and the site is crazyemsterslife.blogspot.com.
Lots of love- Emily Medsker

Camille said...

I love finding new blogs!! Your family is so cute!!! And I totally think October could win some contests cuz he's so adorable!!!
Camille LaRose
thelarosefamily.com

Samantha said...

Hi Taylors! This is Samantha sWayment! I found your link on the LaRose's blog! :) SOOO cute pictures! I love how much hair October has! What a fun little guy!

Mindi said...

Heather,
Your little boy is sooo cute! This is Mindi Godderidge, formerly Stephens. I found your blog from Morgan's blog and had to check it out. I have not seen or talked to you in forever. We also have a blog at thegodderidges.blogspot.com so check it out and I'll add you to my list so we can keep in touch!! Love, the Godderidge's

Camille said...

Bear Lake to me is the happiest place on Earth. That is my families vacation spot. In fact we are headed there next week. I can't wait. Quentin is going to love playing in the sand. Thanks for all your hard work in Relief Society. I am looking forward to tonight!!!

Kristin said...

I demand a new post! Show me that baby!

jill4prez said...

Okay - stinking cute blog - and boy! What a cute family you are! Love you!

The Melo Family said...

Hey heather! I need your email address. I made my blog private and I want to invite you to view it:D email me at Brinnybug007@yahoo.com

TheDooleys4 said...

Hey Heather! It was great to see you today. I love talking to you. We all need to get together again soon.